Senior Marketing Data Analyst
PEI Media is the leading financial media group dedicated to covering alternative asset classes with a portfolio of digital information products and global conferences. We have an exciting new opportunity at PEI for a Senior Marketing Data Analyst to join our data team.
We’ve been running conferences and providing online information services across the globe since 2001 and have driven strong portfolio growth year on year. In 2018, PEI secured investment from Bridgepoint Development Capital (BDC), the growth capital arm of Bridgepoint and have invested heavily in our content delivery platforms and marketing technology.
This is a fantastic time to join an already successful business that is poised for even greater things.
PEI are in the process of a complete digital transformation and restructure, focused on developing a
new CRM this year, a newly created central data hub that will allow greater data insight, a higher degree of marketing automation through our brand-new marketing database platform to get a more focused view of the customer.
This investment in systems and technology has created the need for a brand-new role in the data team to provide take ownership of support and ongoing development.
This role will manage two important vendor relationships:
- BlueVenn - PEI’s new marketing database platform.
- You will own this relationship and manage SLA’s on BAU support.
- Train and develop the marketing teams within the tool.
- Work with marketing and the data team to build out complex data lists.
- Introduce effective campaign journey templates in BlueVenn to set the goal of standardising marketing journeys data selections.
- Side Trade (formerly Bright Target) - a predictive analytics supplier.
- Be the single point of contact between PEI and Side trade.
- Manage SLA’s of product development and new features released throughout the product life cycle.
- Review and validate existing data models to ensure that they are continually achieving results in email campaigns, reducing churn and driving growth through targeting data audiences. You will help champion predictive analytics within PEI.
In addition, you will work need to engage with the PEI BI team on a regular basis to understand and ensure that the daily data feeds are delivered to and from these vendors with zero errors.
Data hygiene and integrity will be core in the analysis element of this role. That will include the use of technical Excel features such as VLOOKUP functions and pivot tables as well as having access to SQL Management Studios.
Within this remit, you will be able to show your data analytic skills to uncover areas of data maintenance relating to our CRM, including the data integrity of files uploaded to CRM – which occurs multiple times a week – by the data team.
Working at PEI
PEI has a long-standing reputation for premium brands - we care about substance and quality. This is what sets us apart from our competitors – and has enabled our business to enjoy dramatic growth year on year.
It is the quality of our people that drive our business forward. They are smart, ambitious, creative and committed. We provide an exciting career opportunity where talent and hard work is rewarded with personal growth and professional advancement.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least five years’ proven experience in B2B marketing data analytics.
- Implementing marketing data selections for campaigns in an industry-known marketing data platform (BlueVenn, FastStats).
- Extensive experience with a CRM (MS Dynamics, ideally or Salesforce)
- Experience with single customer view platforms and marketing automation tools will be vital in helping to maximise ROI from these investments as well be versed in change management.
- Strong management of vendor relationships and their services is crucial for this role, so your verbal and written skills will need to be clear, concise and accurate.
- You will be a confident individual who is able to communicate and influence at senior level, as this will be a daily part of your role. You will be a creative thinker and bring new ideas and ways of working to the data team and the other departments you interact with (BI, technology and marketing and sales).
You will need to build an understanding of our business, markets and customers, as well as our internal systems and processes. You don’t need knowledge or experience in alternative assets, but will need to gain a solid understanding of the industry we operate in very quickly. We’re looking for someone who wants to develop a long-term career with us – to grow as we grow. This is a great opportunity for you to make a difference not just to our growing portfolio of products across the globe, but our overall business.